Tuesday, September 11, 2012

The Work Continues


Dajia hao!
 
This week has been pretty great! I've started to get the used to the whole routine of studiying, eating, and teaching! Its been great though. The language is coming along well and my companion and I have had good success in our  lessons. We are really learning how to speak with the investigators!  This week we had about five opportunities to teach people. On Saturday for the first time we taught an investigator who is from mainland China. He is studying at BYU and is investigating the church with a friend. We had the oppurtininty to teach him about pray. It was very cool because he was able to see the importance of it and see how through prayer we can truly communicate with our Father in Heaven. He is always listening and will always help us, we just need to stay in touch with Him. I'm beginning to love teaching more and more. At first I was a little nervous with it because of the language barrier but the more I learn the easier it seems to teach. One thing that I have learned this week is that even though being able to speak Chinese is important, it's not everything. We need to be able to bring the Spirit to those we meet with and allow the Spirit of God to teach those we meet with the truths of His message. I have learned that this is not my work but it is the Lord's work. I am just assisting in it, and how great it is!
 
This week the group of Mandarin speaking missionaries that came in the transfer before us (transfer is every 6 weeks) are leaving to their missions around the world. There are people in the Chinese group going to Taiwan, Hong Kong, Australia, New York, Manchester England, Vancouver, Montreal, Toronto, California, and a few others that I'm sure I am forgetting. Its crazy to see how Christ's church is spreading around the world and how the fullness of His gospel is being spread to every continent, every nation, every city, and every ear. This is the Lord's work and He will cause it to go forth until everyone has the opportuninty to hear and accept it. I can't wait to get to Taiwan and experience everything that will go on there. I'm excited for the food, the city, the people, the culture, and yes I can't believe im saying this, but even the rain! (at least for now). Although I still have 7 more weeks here, which seems long, I am loving every minute of it. And I am sure I will love it even more once I arrive in Taiwan. I am learing more and more each day how to have love for each and every person. We are all truly God's children, He loves us, He wants us to return to him, and has provided a way through our Savior Jesus Christ.
 
Along with all the learning that has been going on, we do have the chance to get to get in some exercise and sports days out of the week for about and hour each day. I've been taking it pretty easy since I have been here. Not any running or anything, but I think I will be able to start up again soon. I have been playing a little bit of volleyball and frisbee which has been fun. But I can't wait to be able to go for a little jog again! Anyways, I am about out of time for this week. I hope everyone is doing well and doing their best!
 
Love,
Elder Bastian

No comments:

Post a Comment