Monday, February 4, 2013

Move Calls


Hello Everyone!
 
Well, there have been a lot of changes here for me! On Wednesday, we got "Move Calls" and I found out that I would be moving on Friday. My companion and I went to the Transfer Meeting where I found out that I would be moving to an area called Long Tan, which means Dragon Lake in English. It's a smaller city northwest of Taipei. It was so great to be able to serve in Zhong He for 3 moths with Elder Johnson. I really hope that the people there continue to blossom.

I've only been in Long Tan now for 3 days but it's been pretty great so far! It's completely different from Zhong He. My area before was just packed with people and 8 story buildings in every direction you looked. Long Tan is much smaller. It is outside of main Taipei city. It's a lot more spread out, less people, and the buildings are only 2 or 3 stories high. I think this type of environment will really help me to learn how to love people more fully as the ward here is smaller and the area is not as rushed and busy as before. I think we will be able to build and create some great relationships here. My new companion is Elder Wang. He is 26 and is a native from Tai Zhong. It's been great here with him so far. He is a great missionary. He is very loving and seeks to help those around him, especially me. Its been so nice as he has been patient in helping me with my language. His English is pretty good.  I think this will really help my Chinese improve a ton! Elder Wang has only been a member for two years, but it does not seem like that at all. He has a great knowledge of the gospel and he truly understands how people work.  He has given me much insight into this work already. I think that this transfer we will really be able to help the people of Long Tan improve and we will be able to help our brothers and sisters come unto Christ.

This past couple of days has already been great here in Long Tan. On Saturday, one of our investigators had his baptismal interview. He passed and is ready to be baptized! He is the younger brother of a recent convert. He is 15 but you can see that he loves the church and although he sometimes tries not to show it, he seeks to understand the principles of this gospel and really believes them. Elder Wang and I are really excited for this upcoming baptism. Saturday was a pretty cool day too because we were able to get a lot of good work done. Elder Wang said that it was the most work completed in a day since he has been here. I have a strong vision that through diligence and effective use of our efforts we can really help Long Tan flourish. We have a few investigators that have already finished the lessons and have committed to a baptismal date. 

This following week and beyond, we are really going to strive to help our investigators overcome their concerns so that they can feel prepared and qualified for baptism. Yesterday I was able to meet the ward members at church. The ward is much smaller here, but the people are great! We also had a great experience working with the Bishop and the Elders Quorum President last night as we went out to visit Less Active and Part Member families. I went out with the Bishop and we were able to visit a family whose father is a less active member. We were able to visit with Brother Fan and his wife. They really opened up to us and they are super kind and funny. I think this was a start to a good relationship! I guess these family visits are something that we will be doing every Sunday night. I think that it is absolutely great because we are able to build our relationships with ward members and with the leaders. I think these visits will open the door to a lot of success in the future.

I'm really excited for the experience I will be able to have here in Long Tan. The mission is just great. I hope that everyone is doing well back at home and at school. I miss you all! Have a great week!

Elder Bastian

No comments:

Post a Comment