Monday, March 18, 2013

Move Calls


Hello Everyone!
 
Its been a week of big changes! On Wednesday evening we got the move call from the Zone Leaders saying that I would be staying in Long Tan, my companion would be moving, and that we were to be in Taipei on Friday at 9:00 in the morning. My companion Elder Wang ended up moving about 30 minutes south to an area called XinZhu (sheen jew). I am glad to welcome Elder Bennion from Maryland to Long Tan. My new companion is just great! He studied a semester at the University of Utah before his mission, i think in time i will be able to forgive him..., but no, seriously he is great! He has a very similar personality to me and similar perspectives. He has been in Taiwan for about a year and a half now, so he will be returning in July. I think this transfer we will be able to see a lot of success here, working with the member to seek out less actives and help rebuild the ward while bringing in new people to the fold as we contact on the street and knock doors! We are both really excited to get the ball rolling!

Last week was pretty great. I was able to go on exchanges Tuesday to Wednesday with Elder Mattson again, this time in my area. We had a great time. We were able to go tracting that evening and had such a cool experience! We started off at one end of the street and the second house that we knocked at the gate a lady came out, we started talking and it turns out she had met with missionaries a few years earlier at her home. She was very kind. She said that recently she was very busy and had a lot of family things going on, but then (completely unexpectedly) she said that her neighbor was christian and that we should try and see if he is home. We said our goodbyes and and headed off to next door. We rang the doorbell out side the gate and waited for a little bit then out came running a little boy. He asked who we were and we told him that we were missionaries, he quickly said "wait a second" then ran back inside the home and about 20 seconds later he and his mom both came out the door to the gate and welcomed us in. My companion and I looked at each other and just thought, "WOW!" They were both super nice. 

We were able to sit down with them, get to know them, and share our message about the restoration of Jesus Christ's gospel. This spirit was very strong as Elder Mattson and I (both fairly younger missionaries) struggled through the Chinese to explain the importance of what we were sharing. The mom was very kind and welcoming, but sadly in the end she said that she was glad to have meet us but that she was not too interested in the message we were sharing. My companion and I were a little bummed as we had been really exctited when she let us in, but even though she did not accept our invitation to learn more, we know that we planted a seed in her heart that over time will grow! It was cool to be able to see that miracles that happened that night as we met some wonderful people.

This last weekend my new companion and I, Elder Bennion, and I were able to hold a little fireside for the members of our ward. We talked about the missionary work in this area and how we could work togther better to help other come unto Christ and help this work to move forward. It was a great experience as we were better able to understand the perspectives of the members and find ways that we could work in better unity. I think that soon we will really be able to see the Long Tan ward rebuild and grow. 

Our investigator Sister Guan is still progressing well and it looks like she will be able to be baptized next Saturday! She is super excited! We have a lot that we need to get done this transfer. Many people to call, visit, and new ones to meet. Im stoked! The mission is so fulfilling and awesome! I wish I had more time to explain all of the little miracle we are able to see each day. I hope that everyone is doing well back at home and that the weather is starting to shape up! It is sure getting nice here.
Love you!
Elder Bastian

No comments:

Post a Comment