Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Lots of Changes


Hello Everyone!
 
How has it been back at home? The summer seems to becoming to an end which means that school has started or is starting soon. How sad!

There have been a lot of changes this past week here on my end of things. On Monday last week, we got a call from the assistants saying that I would be moving! I was pretty shocked as I had hoped to be in Yuli for a while longer. I really love that area and the people. I hope that the Rong Family will continue to progress and be baptized this month. Elder Relyea better send me a picture! It is sad to leave them, but I know that whoever teaches them the gospel, it is all for their benefit. God knows their needs and I'm sure the new elder there will have a testimony that will be especially for that family.

I ended up moving back to Taipei in the big city to a place called Tu Cheng. My new companion is Elder Forbes. He is just plain awesome! He has been in Taiwan for over a year now, about 3 months longer than I have. He is from Colorado, and before the mission he attended BYU at the same time as I did. He also played for the BYU Rugby Team for a semester. He is just an all around awesome person!  We are the Zone Leaders now for the West Zone in the Taipei mission. When I was at the transfer meeting and it popped up on the screen saying that I would be in Tu Cheng as the new zone leader, I was so surprised! It was pretty humbling.  I have already been able to learn a lot from the service and being with Elder Forbes. I hope that I will be able to serve here as best as I can. I know that Elder Forbes and I will be able to see some great miracles as we work here together.

The past couple of days have been really busy. Being back in the city the missionary work moves at a much faster pace! Right now there are many wonderful investigators in Tu Cheng with a few that are really close to baptism.  We hope that in the next few weeks we will be able to help them be ready to make this commitment to follow the Savior and allow the blessings from heaven to flow into their lives.

A cool story - we were able to meet with an investigator David Wang who is really close to baptism but will be heading back to college today so he will continue to meet with the missionaries there. When I first saw David as he crossed the street I thought that he looked super familiar. As I introduced myself he said, "I have met you before, do you remember? It was at that park in Yong He 2 months ago..." He was right! When I was in Yong He, my companion and I had ran into these 2 college student who were already investigating the church in different areas. One of them happened to be David! It was cool to be able to teach him once before he headed off to college. Such a coincidence!

I wish I had more time to share about the other miracles we have been able to see this past week but my time is short and I need to send an email off to President Day. I'm really excited for these next coming months and know that it will be filled with the Spirit and honest missionary service!
I hope you all have a great week at home.

I love you!
Elder Bastian

No comments:

Post a Comment