Monday, June 23, 2014

It's Gonna Be a Good One

Hello Everyone!

Wow, I can't believe that I have now entered into my last transfer as a missionary representing Jesus Christ. Time has flown by. Last week I went back and read the very first email I ever sent to President Day when I first got to the Island and was being trained by Elder Johnson. It helped me to reflect on the beginning of the mission up until now and see how much the Lord has helped me to change and to think about all the people I have had the opportunity to help come unto Christ. I hope that I have been able to help all those who the Lord has wanted me to help! Time really does fly.

This transfer Elder Niedfeldt moved. He actually is now serving in the area where I started my mission! Pretty cool! It was great being with him and learning from him. I am also super excited to be here with Elder Hughes, my new companion. He is a Fire Ball and has such a positive uplifting attitude/presence. We are having a great time together and have already seen miracles! I know that this last transfer will be filled with miracles performed by the Lord!

Highlight 1! Our investigator Lin Feng Xiu will be baptized this coming Saturday night!!!!!!!!! He passed his interview on Saturday night with Elder Gibson. He is such a sweet kid and really has a good, clear understanding of the gospel principles and their true importance. No wonder Christ tells us that we need to be more like the little children! I wish all of our investigators were like him! So this is the first thing I am pumped for.

Highlight 2! Our investigator Brother Hu came to church for the first time on Sunday! I am so grateful for all the service that our branch president has done for him. He has really reached out to him, even exchanging phone numbers and texting/calling him, helping him find a new job, and also giving him a ride to church. I really think that the branch president's help has been monumental in this investigator's progression. He trusts us and is so much more willing to trust our testimonies as he strives to develop his own now. He also set a baptismal date for 7/19. I hope he makes it!

Last Highlight! This past week we went to visit a potential investigator that had set up an appointment with us. I had forgotten who he was when we called and set up with him, but we figured we would find out when we got there. We got there, and he happened to be the husband of a lady I contacted several weeks ago who hadn't seemed too interested, but they both sat down to talk. Then, we asked if their kids who were playing in the other room would like to listen to the message too. They came out and all 4 of them had a lesson with us about the restoration and the mom seemed pretty interested! MIRACLE! We hope to really be able to help their family come unto Christ!

This last transfer I really am just going to keep doing my best down here and seek to love these people with my whole heart. Its going to be a good one.

Well, this about wraps it up for the week. 
Hope everyone is doing well back at home!
Love you all,
Elder Bastian

No comments:

Post a Comment