Wednesday, November 28, 2012

The Lord's Work


Hello Everyone!
 
I hope that you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving back at home! I actually have a quite interesting experience about my Thanksgiving here that I will share in a little bit.

This week has been pretty great. I have been able to see that Lord's hand in His work much more this week as we strive to find and teach those who are prepared to receive the gospel. In each opportunity we have to meet with people I see how the Lord has influneced their lives, or given them experiences that help prepare them to hear and accept this gospel. I am so grateful to be a part of this work. 

We had two baptisms on Saturday that went absolutely wonderfully. They were for Brother Mei and Brother Wang. Brother Mei is about 25 and is so great! He really loves the gospel. On Sunday I sat with him in Sacrament meeting and he started to tell me about his experience yesterday being baptized and today receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost. He feels that recently the Lord has really been helping him personally and is starting to recognize the influence of the spirit more and more and his role in guiding our lives. It was so cool to hear him explain this to me and for me to better help him understand what these feelings are and how they can help him the rest of his life. The other, Brother Wang, is also awesome! He is 16 and loves Jesus Christ. He has such a love for Him that you can see whenever we talk about following the example the Savior has given us. He always focuses in more when we talk about Him. He had the opportunity to be baptized by his less active dad and it was such a cool experience to see them together. I think it will be a big boost in their lives and hope that this will re-motivate the father to come back to church. It was been so cool to see all these changes.
 
This week we have been able to continue to meet with our others investigators and share the gospel with them and invite them to make changes in their lives so that they may be able to follow our Savior, Jesus Christ. We have been using the Book of Mormon a lot more this week in the work. It has been so great in helping the investigator build a testimony of all these things as they learn of the significance of this book and feel the spirit as we read from it. It is truly the keystone of our religion. Each person that sincerely reads it and prays to know of its truthfulness, receives that witness. We have a lot of investigators right now and are working with them to prepare for baptism. I am learning more and more how important it is to have the spirit with me and my companion to be able to discern the needs of these people and best be able to help them accept this gospel into their lives.
 
Ok, now for the funny part of the week! On Thursday a couple in the ward took us out to dinner for Thanksgiving. I thought we were going to their house for dinner but it turns out we went to a sushi house. The husband kept pulling off all these different plates of raw fish and seafood. I dont even know what half of what I ate was. I had some sea urchin though and raw tuna and scallop and eel. It was pretty weird but an experience that I will never forget. Oh I also tried some squid this week too. Just thought you guys would like to know! Be grateful for the food that we do have!
 
Time's up for this week, but I hope everyone has a great week back at home.
Love Elder Bastian

No comments:

Post a Comment