Sunday, December 2, 2012

This Book is Truly Amazing


Hello Everyone!
 
This past week has been pretty good here! We have been having a great time, my companion and I, finding and teaching the people in Taiwan. It's been so cool to see all of the different kinds of prepared people as we go out each day. This month our mission has been working on focusing around the Book of Mormon. Our mission President gave each district a box of Book of Mormons and wanted us to place them by the end of the month. My companion and I were supposed to place 7 and we ended up placing around 9. It has been so great to see the people's eyes light up as we tell them about this wonderful book and that it truely is the word of God.  I am learning quickly about the importance of a testimony of this book in the conversion process for investigators. You can see the difference in the investigator that reads it often and those that don't. It's not because they are better at keeping commitments or they are just willing that they progress faster. That may be part, but I firmly believe that it's because of the Spirit that is invited into their lives as they read the Word of God. I have seen several times recently of investigator telling me that they have a special feeling when they read this book. 

We had one investigator this week who read about Lehi's dream in chapter 8. I thought this may have been a confusing part for him but he was searching the book and was able to see past the outer story and find the deeper meaning of it. He said that he really loved that chapter and was able to receive a lot of personal inspiration on how he could better his life. This book is truly is amazing. I am so grateful for a loving God, who has prepared a way back to Him and has given us so many things to give us direction in this life.

Right now we have several investigators. We are learning the importance of having shorter, frequent visits as we go about week to week. I wish there was more time in the day and people didn't have to work! Haha. It's been great to be blessed to meet these people. We actually have an investigator that is preparing for baptism this month. He is just on fire. We got a phone call earlier this week from him, saying that he was going to find a different job that would allow him to go to church each week and keep the Sabbath day holy. We were so stunned! He has such faith and is so prepared to hear this message. You can see how much he loves this gospel and the Book of Mormon. He carries it with him when ever he comes to meet with us in its own little bag. We are very excited for him. He has truly allow this gospel to change his life.

This week has been pretty crazy. It has rained everyday and its been pretty big rain too! Im so grateful for my rain gear, but I think my guess was right when I said I would be seeing this a lot more. It keeps us on our toes as we rush from place to place trying to avoid it as best we can. The crazy food that I tried this week was.... pig tongue! I didn't even know what it was 'til after I ate it and then the member who we had dinner with started busting up laughing and then told me. It was a good laugh. But i dont think I will eat it too often. Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well back at home and making time for the important things in life! I love you all!

Elder Bastian

No comments:

Post a Comment