Monday, May 13, 2013

Happy Mother's Day


Hello Everyone!
 
It's Mother's Day back at home in the US, so, Happy Mother's Day!  I'm so grateful for the the role that mothers play in all of our lives, no matter who we are. My mom has made such a huge impact in my life and really has helped me become who I am today. I couldn't be more grateful. Thank you, Mom, for all that you do for each of us. We love you!

I will be video calling home in a little bit to talk with the family, so I will keep this week's update a little shorter since most of my email time will be spent video conferencing with family.

The past week here in Long Tan has gone well. There have been a lot of rainstorms lately that have lasted all day long, so we have been knocking doors most of time as there aren't many people out on the street to talk to. We have been able to meet with a few new people who are interested in the church.  It has been a lot of fun to get to know them, their background, and what has led them to come and investigate the church. Meeting and building relationships with so many people all of the time has been one of the greatest blessings of the mission. You can learn so much from those around you and their experiences. Life just feels FULL when you are surrounded by others.

We've also had a lot of opportunities to work with the less active members of the church. They are always so great to go visit. Seeing them smile and rejuvenate as the gospel is once again brought into their lives is amazing. I know this gospel is true.  It has brought so many blessings to my life and to my family, and it can for everyone else too!

We'll my time is about up, but I hope that everyone has a great week!
Love you all,
Elder Bastian

No comments:

Post a Comment