Saturday, February 15, 2014

Ups and Downs


Hello Everyone!

This past week has been pretty good here in Jingxin. We continued to see miracles as we have focused on baptism and to rely on the Lord to lead us to His prepared children. It has given me a satisfying feeling in the heart to know that I have strived to do my best assisting the Lord in His work. Obviously there are days that are up and day that are down, some more than the other in each way, but I know I am doing what God has planned for me to do and this will help me the best in my life and allow me to help the most amount of other people too. Im grateful also to have a companion that is willing to listen and support me in this work. I couldn't do it with out him!

This past week Elder Zhou and I were able to meet with another former investigator last night for the first time. As we were getting to know him I asked him why he was willing to meet with us again. He told me that he came here seeking for an opportunity to change his life. I smiled and then testified of the Savior and his gospel which gives us power to change our lives for the better. We then taught about a forgiveness of sins and baptism and asked if he would like these blessings, he said, "Yes!" His biggest challenge is going to be overcoming chewing binlang but he is a good man with great desire and thats all it takes to start on the road to eternal life!

Im saddend to report that our main investigator Brother Wang will not be able to be baptized right now because his wife really strongly opposes, but he still wants to in the future. Man.... he was so close! We were planning to have his interview this week, but its ok. I know the Lord has a perfect plan for him and everyone else on the earth so he will be able to be baptized one day, hopefully soon.
The work is going smooth here.
Hope all is well back at home. Have a great week everyone!
Love,
Elder Bastian

No comments:

Post a Comment