Sunday, March 2, 2014

Goal-Setting


Hello Everyone!

Here is an update on some of the cool events this past week:

We had a pretty cool experience on Tuesday. We went to go visit an investigator that was set up for 8 in the evening but when we got there he was still eating dinner so he told us to come back at 8:30. Our original back up plan was to continue tracting in a neighboring area, so we did that for 30 mins. While we were tracting, a man pulled up next to us on his scooter and asked if we were Mormon missionaries. I told him yes! He then told me how he was a Mormon too, but has been living in Argentina for the past few year where he met the church there. Then he told me," well actually, I am half-Mormon. I haven't been baptized yet because in Argentina the Bishop said I had to go to church 4 weeks consecutively before I could get baptized but since I work one or sometimes 2 Sundays of each month I couldn't get baptized. But I continue to got to church there and I even pay tithing!" My jaw dropped... I said well you probably still want to get baptized right? And he said yes, I will be here in Taidong for 6 months! I told him that he could here! So we got his number and he said he would come to church on Sunday. I confirmed Saturday night, sadly he didn't show up yesterday. BUT we really hope he will set up this week and we can help him prepare quickly for baptism. I hope this is a huge miracle! We shall see! 

We have one other investigator that is a 9 year old and he is getting really close to baptism it has just been pretty hard to schedule times with him to meet because often times his parents arent home or he is not there. He's a "punk" little kid, but he is really fun, and I love him!


Recently in studies and through out the day I have pondering how I can best serve my last 5 months here on the mission and one of the things I feel the Lord has been teaching me is the importance of setting appropriate goals the will help me to improve step by step until the end, as that is one of the purposes of life "progress" and become more like God. I have also been striving to set goals that will help me to stretch, push myself, and continue to work hard. I want to leave everything out here on the mission field. It's been pretty interesting to strive to find a balance to this goal setting. I guess its something I will continue to refine throughout my life though! I thought I would let you know. 

I am grateful for a knowledge of the Plan of Salvation that allows us to know that our purpose here in life is to find happiness and prepare to return to live with our Father in Heaven where we can eternally progress. It brings much hope and peace to my life!

Hope everyone has a great week at home!
Love you all!
Elder Bastian

No comments:

Post a Comment