Sunday, March 23, 2014

I'm Willing! I MUST!


Hello Everyone!

This past week here in Taidong was pretty great. The weather is starting to warm us here on the beach city and lots more people are outside soakin up the rays!

Elder Nelson and I saw some great success here this past week, it feels very satisfying to see the work pick up as we continue to do our best. I'll first talk about a few of the highlights:
On Tuesday, we were able to meet with our investigator Brother Wang. He is just absolutely great! We had the District President's daughter who just got back from her mission come to our lesson and it went great. We shared the Restoration with him and he just ate it up. His eyes widened as he heard the experience of Jospeh Smith. I asked him later if he felt similar to Joseph and he said "YES!" and told us how he has been searching for the truth. As we invited him to do Moroni's challenge to study the Book of Mormon, ponder and pray, he answer with a resounding, "Yes I'm willing! I must!" He is so prepared.... IT'S AWESOME! Even as I was leaving I told him to "Jia You" in Chinese which means "keep it up!" and he said back, "I'll defiantly Jia you, I already am!" I know that God really is preparing his children to receive this restored gospel!

Another highlight of the week was being able to invite many new people to baptism this past week. We met with 3 new investigators this last week and the all accepted the invitation! Elder Nelson and I have been bold in inviting others to come unto Christ through baptism. I think 9 out of the 10 we have invited here all said yes. Its pretty crazy, I haven't seen this many in any of my other areas. Several of these new investigators seems solid so were excited to continue following up with them and meeting more and more. I hope all of them will come through! It great to see them change as the feel the blessing that come from following the gospel.

We also met with Brother Zeng this past week and he is doing ok. He is running into a few struggles lately so it seems that his baptism will need to be postponed, but we still have great hope for him! He is such a humble man.

This are going well here is Taidong. Its been a great transfer here with Elder Nelson and I feel that we have both helped each other a lot in improving and overcoming some of our weaknesses. He is a great and humble missionary! This is the last week of the transfer so he might move, we will see what happens!
Thats about it for the week. Hope everyone is doing well at home!

Love you all!
Elder Bastian

No comments:

Post a Comment