Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Last Post!


Dear Family and Friends,

Well... I cant believe i am writing my last email to you right now.... It really is a strange feeling. I want to say that I feel good about all the work I have done in the Lord's vineyard here in Taiwan. I pray that he will accept my efforts and be proud of me also. I know that my service will not end here, in a week, but will continue on into the eternities. I hope to live a life centered on the serving the Lord and His children, my brothers and sisters. 

This past week here with Elder Hughes has been great! We really did see MIRACLES. I think that is another great thing about the mission. I have come to learn that miracles are REAL. God really does show us each and everyday that he is a living God, a God that can and will influence our lives for the better, if we allow him to.
Miracle #1 - Brother Hu is progressing like crazy and has already quit smoking and drinking, starting last saturday!!! He has such a pure desire to come unto Christ and to do the things that would make God proud of him. Can you think that only a few weeks ago this man was an atheist? Its crazy! We have been making plans and setting goals with him to help him quit smoking and he has been following them to the line! This week we reinvited him to baptism since his original date had passed. We invited for 8/16 and he said, "can I get baptized earlier? on 8/9?" Elder Hughes and I looked at each other, smiled, and just nodded our head up and down. I love him!
Miracle #2 - Our district witnessed TWO baptisms this week! So cool! Originally it was going to be 4, with every companionship having one, but a few things happened that I will mention in a bit.
A Brother Huang and Li were baptized on saturday and it was so cool to see them in white. The baptism was filled with the spirit! Seeing people repent and change there lives to draw closer to the savior really is one of the most special things in this life.
Yes, it is sad that our investigator Brother Liao was not baptized this last saturday. He gave into peer pressure from freinds and relapsed on on friday by smoking a cigarette. So, his baptismal date will be post-poned to this Saturday. Its a little bit sad that I wont be able to see him get baptized, but I take great Joy in knowing that he is still on tract and that the Lord will help. I have faith the God will help him return to the fold. Plus, Elder Hughes is an Awesome missionary, so I know he will take care of him! I will miss Brother Liao.
Coming into my last week, I have made a goal. Although, I will be heading to Taibei on thursday and wont be in taidong anymore, I have made a goal to preach the gospel all the way until I get released. So that means that even on the airplane home I would like to be able to share the gospel with those who sit next to me! I hope to be able to share with them some of my experiences over these past two years and help them see the blessing that come from the gospel. I am so grateful that the Lord has blessed us with the Restored gospel!
Well, I can say that I love the Lord, I love these Taiwanese people, I have loved my mission and I will be sad to see it end. 
I know that God lives. I know that He loves us. I know that he has once again called a Prophet of God and through him, has restored His church. Christ is our Savior.  "And now, after the many testimonies which have been given of him, this is the testimony, last of all, which we give of him: That he lives! (D&C 76:22)"
This wraps it up for the past 2 years!
I hope all of you have a great week. See you soon!
Love,
Elder Bastian

No comments:

Post a Comment