Sunday, July 20, 2014

Translating

Hello Everyone!

Well this past week was pretty interesting, but a lot of good was accomplished!
I was still feeling pretty sick the first couple days of the week, but by wednesday I was starting to feel a bit better and it just so happens that that day, a few of the elders in my zone and I were able to head to Taipei for a Leadership training meeting. We didnt get back until Saturday morning. So most of this past week I was not in my area. 
The meeting that we attended was great though. We were able to receive many trainings on the Fundamentals of Missionary work and how to improve our skill and abilities to be able to more fully preach the gospel like the Savior. 
I was assigned to translate for the 1st day of the leadership meeting which was pretty fun. Translating is challenging as sometimes the people speaking, say really advanced english words that we dont know how to say in chinese so we have to think of how to say it in a simpler way while at the same time trying to stay on top of the moving conversation. The people speaking dont stop for us to catch up so it makes it an interesting challenge.
Overall it was an uplifting meeting!
The biggest miracle of the week though came on Sunday! We have been meeting with an older man named Brother Liao for the past 2 months or so and he has been slowly progressing. Last week he miraculously quit smoking, but we still had a few things that were worrying would hold him back from being baptized. BUT, he over came them and yesterday passed his Baptismal interview so he is planned to get baptized this Saturday! Elder Hughes and I are so excited, because this guy is so sweet! He just has a simple but great desire to follow God and is willing to do what it takes to become His disciple. He is a man of great faith!
Lastly, I just want to bear my testimony that I know that God lives and that he loves us. He perfectly knows each and everyone of us and is constantly helping us. Although sometimes it is harder to feel his influence than other times, he is always there. How could a Father ever forget his child anyways?
I am grateful for this knowledge that I have in my life.
I love you all and hope that you have a great week at home!
Elder Bastian

No comments:

Post a Comment