Friday, July 12, 2013

Yu Li


Hello Everyone!
 
Well it's been a pretty awesome last week! Monday I went to Taipei on Monday to meet my new companion and head out to the new area I would be serving in. Now for the big news... I have moved to Yu li on the south eastern coast of Taiwan. It's about a 4 hour train ride from Taipei. It's the most rural area of the entire Taipei mission, but it is great here! The people are so nice and its super pretty. It reminds me a lot Aurora, Utah. My new companion is Elder Relyea from Farmington, Utah. He is just awesome! He has only been here in Yu Li for about 3 weeks but were both getting into the swing of things here quickly. We've have some time this past week getting to know the members of the branch here. There are about 35 and they are all stoked for missionary work! I can really see their desire to help this area of the Lord's vineyard grow. Elder Relyea and I are going to do all that we can to continue to build our relationships with them and find though who are prepared to receive this gospel. This area hadn't seen a baptism for about 2 years but since the beggining of this year they have already had 5! This place is really on fire, with the missionary spirit.

My companion actually had to head back up to Taipei on Wednesday night for a training meeting since he is the district leader. He got back on Saturday morning so during the time that he was gone I went to the neighboring area called Taidong. I was there with a newer missionary, Elder Martin for a few day and we saw so many miracles as we went out to do the Lord's work. I think the coolest was when we went to this small park and we ran into these 4 college students from Tai Nan about 4 hours away. I asked them if they would like to do a church tour and they gladly accepted. So we all rode over to the church and did a tour and then had a small lesson with them on Prayer. They really seemed to like it and asked some great questions. We going to hand them off to the missionaries back in their hometown, but I'm super excited for them. It was a great blessing to see the Lord lead these people to us. Im grateful to have been in the right place at the right time.

Now back in Yu Li, were ready to get the ball rolling and hit the pavement. I know that the Lord will lead us in the things he needs us to do. He has a plan for each and every single person on this earth, and is a perfect plan.
I hope that you all have a great week back at home. Enjoy the summer! It's pretty warm here!
Love you all!
Elder Bastian

No comments:

Post a Comment