Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Unexpected Transfer


Hello!
 
Well, Big news! My companion and I got a phone call from the assistants to the president yesterday morning telling us that we would both be moving the next day (today). My companion will be heading to the mission office most likely to become one of the office elders, taking care of computer things, and I will be heading out to a new area as a result of a short term missionary cancelling. I'll figure out where I am going at 3:00 pm today when we head over to the mission office. I'm pretty excited, but also a little nervous to have everything change all of sudden, just after getting used to this area. Well, the Lord always has new things in store for us and I know that His plan is better than mine, so it will be a great experience.

The past week has gone pretty well here. We were able to see some cool miracles. The highlight of the week was with our English Class. We have implemented a new mission-wide English Program with new text books and everything and have been inviting a lot of people to come. This week, about 15 or so new people came. Our class was packed. As a result, 3 new people in our area are interested in learning more about the gospel. We were able to meet with them after class and share a little message with them. 2 of the 3 are a newly-wed couple. It was nice to be able to meet with them and see their desire to learn more about the Savior. One of the best parts of the mission is being able to watch and see people change as they start to learn about, and accept, the gospel into their lives. Their whole composure seems to change.

I had the opportunity to meet with Brother Wu yesterday. He was the first person that I helped baptize on the mission in my first area. He found out that I would be leaving this area again and wanted to meet with me. He has changed so much and really grown in the gospel. He has been to the temple, received the Melchizedek priesthood, and is preparing to go back to the temple for his endowment. So cool!

I'll be sad to leave this area. We were just starting to see things ramp up in getting the work going here. I hope all of these people that we have met in the past few weeks will continue in the gospel and be able to receive the blessings that come from it.

Well, that's about it for here! Hope that you all have a great week back at home. I love you all!
Elder Bastian

No comments:

Post a Comment