Monday, June 24, 2013

Hastening the Work of Salvation


Hello Everyone!
 
Taiwan is really bringing the heat now. We have had several days in the 90's and just as humid as can be. We have had a couple times where we were tracting and my companion and I were just soaked in sweat. It feels good to come home at the end of the night knowing that we've done our best helping our brothers and sisters find their way back home. This past week we have spent a lot of time finding, searching for those who are ready to hear this gospel. We are striving to build up our teaching pool and hope to be able to see a lot of success in this transfer.

Yesterday evening my companion and I had a sweet little miracle. As we were at our apartment it started to down pour and thunder like crazy! It kept coming down so we decided to adjust the first hour of our finding time that day to call former investigators to see if there would be interested in starting to meet with us again. I decided to call one guy that my companion told me had met with missionaries about 5 months ago and was just golden, but who ended getting really busy with school and stopped meeting. I called and he didn't answer... but about 20 minutes later just before we were about to leave he called me back and I was able to talk to him. He said that he his finishing his finals in a week and would love to meet again after that! My companion and I are really excited and thankful that the Lord sent a little rain our way.

Now for the fun story of the week. Just after that phone call we headed out to go tracting in a place that was rather far away. We got there and I noticed that I had forgot my bike key so I couldn't lock my bike. I figured it wouldn't be a problem and that I could just leave it there, but then my companion turns to me his face looks a little shocked and he says "uh oh..." He had just locked his bike and then realized that he forgot his key also. Now he had no way to get back. So we had to make about an hour and a half walk round trip to our apartment and back to get his key. It was just one of those days. We had a good night though after that tracting for a little bit.

In my new area we also have the opportunity to go to this really large park to walk around and talk to people about the church. One thing that I have been working on is listening to the spirit as we are seeking to know who we should talk to. As I have focused on this, we have been able to see some cool miracles, meeting a lot of great people and some that are willing to learn more about the Restored Gospel.

This morning was a world-wide conference on missionary work, titled "Hastening the Work of Salvation." It emphasized the importance of members and missionaries working together in efforts to help all of the children of God to return to the fold. I know that what was talked about today was direct revelation from Christ through his servants, the prophet and apostles, to the world. I'm glad to see what things will come about in the future and the integration of new technology and the internet (facebook etc.) in helping this work move forth.
I hope that everyone has a great week! I love you all!

Elder Bastian

No comments:

Post a Comment