Monday, June 24, 2013

Catch the Wave


Hello Everyone!
 
I hope that all is well back at home! This past week was pretty good here in Yong He. We were able to me with some investigators and members and it was exciting to see them exercising and building their faith! The only downside to the week was getting sick! It started monday and pretty much wiped me out all of saturday. I had a pretty interesting experience visiting the doctors with my companion. We were both trying to understand the medical terms she was saying and she was trying to use the English that she learned from college. It worked out in the end and I was able to get the needed medicine. The doctor visits here are so cheap! The whole visit and medicine cost a total of about 13 american dollars.... I think I'm starting to get over the sickness too. Hopefully I'll be back to normal by tomorrow.

This past week we had another awesome experience. Elder Kent D. Watson, President of the Asia Area mission, visited us on Thursday to do a mission tour. He put on a missionary conference with President Day. It was fun to see the perspectives of hope of the General Authority for Taiwan. He talked about "Catching the Wave" in reference to last General Conference's addresses which many focused on missionary work. He emphasised the need for members and missionaries to work together in this great cause. We were able to receive some training on this that we will be able to take back to our individual areas and begin implementing! We are pretty excited.

Overall the weather here has been pretty hot. Summer is starting to roll around and a lot of people are outside with their families. I hope its the same where you guys are at! I love summer.

My time is about up for this week but I hope that you all have a great time wherever you're at!
Love ya,
Elder Bastian

No comments:

Post a Comment