Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Move Calls


Hello Everyone!
 
Well there have been some big changes this past week! We got the move calls and on Friday we traveled to Taipei to figure out where I would be heading. I was pretty anxious at the meeting to find out where my new area was. Then my name flashed on the screen and I saw that I was heading back to my very first area! Its called Shuang He. "Shuang" means two. So Shuang He actually consists of two areas and two wards. The first is where I served right when I got on the Island which is Zhong He. Now I will be serving in the neighboring area/ward called Yong He. I am actually living in the same apartment I started in and going to the same chapel! I was able to see a lot of ward members that I knew in Zhong He and also see some of my recent converts. It was so fun to reunite with them! The ward on Sunday actually invited me to come up during their sacrament meeting and speak for a minute to let everyone know I was back. It was pretty funny. I'm super glad to be serving in Yong. My companion is Elder Weng. He is an American-born Chinese from West Virginia! He is super cool and I know were gonna have a good time here in Yong He together helping others come unto Christ.

I've only been in this area for about 3 days now, but my companion and I have already been able to see so many miracles! We have met a lot of people who are willing to stop and listen to our message for a little bit then set up to hear more! We really hope to be able to support this ward and bring in some new wonderful members who can support the Lord's kingdom here in Taiwan.

My last few days in Long Tan were pretty good! We were able to see a lot of good things happen right before I left. We were able to find a few great people through referrals and meet with the two people that came to church themselves last week. They are great! One of them has already set a baptismal date. He just seems super prepared. I hope that Long Tan continues to blossom!

Anyways, that's about it for this week. My email time, is a little bit shorter this week as we didn't get on as early as we usually do to email. I hope you all have a great week! I love you!

Elder Bastian

No comments:

Post a Comment