Sunday, November 24, 2013

Christ Was a Vegetarian?

Hello!

This past week had a few great things happen. We have been meeting with one investigator named Mr. Qiu who didnt seem to be top interested at first but this past week he has really started to progress. He is praying to know if the Book of Mormon is true. He has started to read the BOM and reads it with the bible for about an hour each night and he completely understands the doctrine we teach him. He is attending a Baptist church right now but is super open to meet with us. I really hope he continues to investigate with with real intent a gets an answer to his prayers soon!

We also have been meeting with a family for a little while now and it seemed like they were progressing more slowly. We met this past week and the mom has started to pray with their 1 and a half year old daughter every night! We also re-invited them to baptism in the middle of teaching the Plan of Salvation and they both said that after they learn a little bit more that "YES" they would like to be baptized! We first invited them a month or so ago and they seemed really unsure. We are excited for them and will set a date this Tuesday as we teach them about the Gospel of Christ!

Another awesome thing that happened this week was Ward Council. I feel that is was the first time since I have been here in Taiwan the the member/leaders really came together to get ideas flowing on how they can help with retention of new members, HOME TEACHING, and getting members to the temple. Some great plans started to come together and we are focusing on every quorum/auxiliary being an active part in each of these categories, working together. They finally have started to tap into the potential of a "ward COUNCIL". I really felt the spirit there and hope that much lasting good come because of these regular meetings. We are excited!

Lastly, one funny experience that I want to sure with you guys. This past week as my companion and I were walking down a more busy street, we looked over to the other side of it and saw this man with an anxious look pointing at us. He then started to run across the street towards us still pointing. We stopped and he got to us then asked if we could speak chinese. We said yes, and then he asked me if I eat met and I also said "yes..." much more skeptical now. He then started exhorting me to repentance to because I am not a vegetarian, saying that Christ was a vegetarian! I then asked him if he thought I was committing serious sins and he replied, "Of course you are!" and continued to call me to repentance while poking me in the shoulder as I slowly started to walk backwards away from him. He was NUTS! It was pretty funny but at the end when he was following me a little bit poking me in the shoulder I started to get a little anxious. 

My companion and I are glad that we now have a very funny story to tell others.
Well, that about wraps it up for the week! Hope you all have a great Thanksgiving!
Love,
Elder Bastian

No comments:

Post a Comment