Sunday, November 3, 2013

Missionary Leadership Council


Hello!
 
The winter weather is starting to kick in here and I wore my long sleeve shirt for the first time in a long time!
Things are going well here in Tucheng. Right now we have one investigator, Brother Zhang he is just golden. I found him about 5 weeks ago one the street and he will be getting baptized not this Saturday, but next. This will be the first of my converts that I personally (well, really with the help of the spirit) have found and taught the whole way to baptism! This past week he said something to Elder Chatman and I as we were leaving the chapel that I hope to never forget. He said, "I never imagined I would be here. This place is awesome!" Sunday during our lesson after church he said, "I've just seen too many miracle's" (since coming here to not believe in God). Were so excited! We are also pumped for the mission-wide White Chirstmas. (They plan to have a special baptismal sevice on Christmas day).  We also really hope and are striving to find a family in this next week or so and help them to come unto Christ in the month we celebrate his birth. How cool would that be?

Right now we are still striving to figure out where we should go since we are limited to about 2 streets to contact on and then tract in the surrounding areas. We are limited because of walking, but we are starting to figure out where all the different buses go in our area and are trying to get to different areas to possible tract/contact. This week we saw a miracle as we took the bus to a local college to see if we would be able to find there. The first person we talked to after getting of the bus was a college student who seemed very interested! He accepted a copy of the Book of Mormon right there and set up for later in the week. Right after that we tried to go into the college but it did not work out, so it really was a miracle that we ran into that kid!

This past week I was able to go on exchanges with Elder Hagedorn a missionary from Provo, Utah. He is great. He is a very organized missionary who works smart and I was able to learn a lot from his example. His Dad happend to own a chinese food resturuant on University avenue, that after talking to Elder Hagedorn, I found out I used to run by it almost everyday when I was at BYU. What a small world! I guess a lot of returned missionaries that went to Taiwan often go there to eat. I will have to try it when I get back.

This past week my companion and I were able to participate in the Missionary Leadership Council in Taipei. This meeting happens once a month, where all of the Zone Leaders will come and meet with the President of our mission to discuss the vision, goals, and plans for the next month. We all seek to come with a humble and open heart to be able to learn what the Lord wants us to. Each time I have been there, I truly have felt the Spirit and inspiration given to me, more than most any other time. Its a very cool experience.

This week we hope to just really focus in on sanctifying ourselves, working hard, and listening to then following the promtings of the spirit. We hope to continue to see the miracles!
希望大家有一个很棒的礼拜!
Hope you all have a great week!
Love you,
Elder Bastian

No comments:

Post a Comment