Sunday, November 17, 2013

Many Miracles


Hello everyone!

Its been a great week here in Tucheng. This past week things started to get up and rolling and we were able to meet with a lot more of our investigators which was great and to cap it off, Brother Zhang was baptized!!! It was a wonderful experience for him, he even brought his friend that he has been starting to share the gospel with. How cool! I forgot to take my camera the baptism, so I will try to get my companion to send me the picture and I will email it next week.

We had a couple cool miracles this past week; the first I would like to share is also about Brother Zhang.
After his confirmation and sacrament meeting on Sunday, our Elder's Quorum President put on a little meeting for all the recent converts and he taught about Genealogy/Temple work and the importance of it. He talked about establishing goals to go regularly starting as soon as they can. Afterwards, Brother Zhang came up to me and said, "It's a miracle, really it's a miracle!" He explained to me how in his family not one single person has kept their family history except for his father. He said his father always told him that his other family members never did it because they were too busy, so he did it. He said, "even though my father is not a member, he is a good person and I know that God prepared my father to do this Family History so that I would have the opportunity to take all of their names to the temple and do their work for them!" He was SO excited. (Genealogy in Taiwan and China is a super important tradition and a way that helps people here to be able to remember their ancestors). Brother Zhang is really great at noticing the blessings God has given him.

The other miracle came from tracting on Saturday. We knocked into a man who popped his head out the window and told us to wait 2 minutes for him, then he came out and told us to tell him what we got, he wants to here it, and to do all we can to persuade him. He was serious! It was a special experience. He really seems to be one seeking for truth and said that he would be willing to do the experiment. He will meet with us today so we are really excited. MIRACLE!

This past week I also had the opportunity to go on exchanges with Elder Leo from New York. He is a great newer missionary. His special talent is just being able to stay relaxed and be funny, which is so important out here in the mission! I really felt lifted up by his personality as I was around him. It was a good experience.
This pretty much wraps it up here. Overall this week went great! I hope everyone else all has a great week!

Love,
Elder Bastian

No comments:

Post a Comment