Sunday, April 13, 2014

Finished the BofM in Chinese!

Hello Everyone!

This past week here in Taidong was great! 

On the weekend we had the opportunity to watch the re-broadcast of General Conference at our chapel. It was so great, but a bitter sweet moment as I realized that that was the last conference I would watch here in Taiwan. Nevertheless, it was very inspiring, my favorite talks were given by Elder Holland and Elder Uchtdorf's on Gratitude. I have already begun applying some of the principles that they shared with us and have seen a difference! I know that as we seek the USE the counsel given to us by these prophets of God, we will draw closer to our Heavenly Father, be able to more fully feel his influence in our lives, and be able to more swiftly navigate the challenges of life. Im grateful God has restored the gospel in our day!

Some other highlights of the week:
-Last monday I finished reading the Book of Mormon all the way through in Chinese! It feels very satisfying to have accomplished that... but now Im on to D&C!

-On Thursday or so, we were out on our bikes, contacting people on the streets when I stopped and said "Hi" to a man. Well he slowly turned his head toward me and then reach out for my arms without saying anything. I started to back away quickly and without thinking the words, "Oh man, TIME TO GO!" came out of my mouth! As I started to bike away he literaly ran after me for a several meters before stopping!!! I was out of there like lightning... If only I had heeded my companion's warning that he was crazy right before I said hi... What he said didn't really sink in, but now I know what he means! I hope the experience gives you guys a good laugh! Im sure I will remember this one for a while.

-We met with Brother Wang this past week and were able to read the Book of Mormon with him. It was a spiritual lesson as he seemed to really receive some inspiration from God and develop his testimony of the Book of Mormon. He's doing great.

-I also had the opportunity to go on exchanges with the zone leader on friday. His area is pretty far out of the city near the mountain. It was very rural and life out there is a lot slower! We met a lot of Taiwanese Aborigonees. It was pretty great. We had a cool experience teaching the restoration to a Catholic man, he accepted a copy of the Book of Mormon and promised to read it.

These are some of the experience of the week. I wish I had more time to write but that's about it!
Hope everyone had a great week at home!
Love,
Elder Bastian

No comments:

Post a Comment