Sunday, April 6, 2014

Miracle Lane

Hello Everyone!

This past week has been pretty good here in Taidong. Elder Niedfeldt and I were able to see some great success. 

Recently, we started to meet with a recent convert's wife and kids to teach them the gospel. It's been great as they have been pretty receptive to the message. The husband (Brother Zhuang) was baptized about a month ago and is a super humble and nice man. The best part is, on Sunday, for the first time, he and his whole family came to church together!! They also had the opportunity to watch him get sustained to be able to receive the priesthood! It was pretty cool to see them all together smiling. I can just tell that this family will receive the gospel. The father is setting such a great example for them and im sure they will follow. I'm so grateful that my companion and I have the opportunity to help them in this conversion process.

I also had the opportunity to ask Zhuang DX at church on Sunday what he thought the most profound part of the gospel is to him so far and he told me....."Eternal Families".....SWEEEEEEETTTTT!!!!

Some other successes of the past week were meeting with Samuel, the kid we tracted into last week whose grandma first ignored us. We sat down with him and then his little brother who is 12 sat down too and read with as we went through 1 Ne 1. Now he is investigating too! We really hope that in the end we can start meeting with the whole family!

Last miracle that I want to write about happened last night. Elder Niedfeldt and I rode out to a fairly far away part of town to go meet with a potential we had. After we talked with her we continued to tract in her neighborhood for the rest of the evening and in a matter of 40 minutes we found 3 new investigators! One was a 52 year old man, and another was a mom and her 24 year old son! They all lived within 8 houses of each other.... I think we need to rename this place "miracle lane"!

We are also continuing to meet with Brother Wang and he is great. He wasn't able to meet this past week but is set up for Tuesday and really excited to meet! We are excited too!

The work is going well here in this part of the vineyard and I just hope that I can continue to do my best each day to serve the Lord and serve these people here in Taiwan.

I hope that everyone is doing well at home and has a great week.
Love you all,
Elder Bastian

No comments:

Post a Comment