Sunday, April 20, 2014

Ups and Downs



This past week was ok here in Taidong, there were a few ups and downs. I felt that Elder Neidfelt and I worked pretty hard, but we just didn't see the success that we had hoped for. A few of our investigators seem to being petering out which is sad because we have so much hope for them! But, everyone has there agency and we will continue to do our best to find the ones that are willing to receive us.

We did see a great blessing though this past week as our investigator Brother Wang came to church for the first time! He hadn't come yet since we started meeting with him about 2 months ago and I was worried that he might not come this week either since he didn't strongly commit when we invited him, but I sent him a text saturday night encouraging him to keep praying and reading and the hoping that we would be able to see him tomorrow and then he came! Elder Neidfelt and I were really excited. I hope that he will be able to make his baptismal date on 5/10.

I was also grateful to be able to hear Elder Wilson, a member of the seventy, and his wife this past week as they came to do a mission tour here. I thought that the topic he chose to address: The Book of Mormon. What perfect. Thats something that I felt has always been a little bit of astruggle on the mission was to help people really become connected with the Book of Mormon or sciptures in general. Its a little different here since people dont have a christian background and are unfimiliar with the Bible. But I felt Elder Wilson gave some great advice to help us better help our investigators experience the Spirit of reading the Book of Mormon. Several times this past week Elder Neidfeldt and I really worked to help our investigators understand the importance of the BoM and read with them to help them experience it. I know this is a process and over time as we continue to help them they will develop their own personal testimony of this second witness to Christ! 

I'm so grateful to have the Book of Mormon in my life and to understand its importance in our conversion to Christ.

This about sums it up for the week. I hope that everyone has a great week back at home!
Elder Bastian

No comments:

Post a Comment