Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Moroni's Promise


Hello Everyone!
 
Another week has flown by here in Tucheng. It felt like we spent a lot of time up in Taibei this past week and then I look back and see that week actually did! It was great to be able to attend the temple, participate in the specialized training, and be able to a special broadcast last night. I often felt the spirit, helping me know that I am doing what the Lord wants me to. I am so greatful this opportunity to serve and for all the wonderful experiences I have shared with these people here. I pray that I wont forget them.

 A big miracle this past week was when we met with our investigator 李弟兄 (Brother Li). He has met for a while now and has had a lot of concerns, but I could always feel his potential. It wasn't until our last lesson with him until he has shown it. We read the first chapter of Nephi with him to help him see how he can receive revelation from the Book of Mormon and then reveiwed Moroni's promise of how to know if this book is true. Afterwards he turned to us and said. "You know, If I knew this book is true... I would get baptized really fast!" We were super excited. We promised fervently that he could get his answer from God as he reads and prays sincerely. I hope he gets it soon! We plan to set a baptismal date with him this week. 

Right now we have one investigator that will be baptized in November. His name is 张弟兄 (Brother Zhang). He is pretty golden! We taught him that Sabbath day on Friday and at first he expressed that he had some concerns with it because he used to meet with his friend every Sunday. We told he we knew this was a commandment from God and that if he prayed about it God would provide a way for him to meet with his friend and be able to come to church. He commited. Sunday night he came to the conference, said that he had talked to his friend and he change his time to meet with him so he can come to church every Sunday now! WOOOO! M i r a c l e!

This week we will be going on exchanges with Elder Gerrard and Mansell. I will be with Elder Mansell in XinBan. It will be a great opportunity to continue to help him progress his skills. He is a great missionary and has a pure desire to serve the Lord. 

On Friday we also had the opportunity to meet with the Bishop in our ward and his family to strengthen our relationship with them. It was my first time meeting with his family we had a good time. We will also be meeting with the Ward Mission Leader's family tonight. Elder Chatman and I really hope that our efforts will make long-term impacts in the ward here, so that more doors will be opened and missionary work can progress as members and missionaries work together.

I am grateful for the many blessing that I have in my life, particularly my family and this restored gospel. I hope and pray that many others will be able to recieve these wonderful blessings also!

Have a great week everyone!
I love you!
Elder Bastian

No comments:

Post a Comment