Thursday, October 17, 2013

Transfers and a New Companion


Hello Everyone!
 
It's been a pretty eventful last week here in Tucheng including transfers, a new companion and being able to watch Genereal Conference. All of it was great!

My companion Elder Forbes ended up moving to TaiDong, which is a city on the South eastern coast of Taiwan. It is often the dream place to go to for many missionaries. I'm sure he will love it there. I also have a new companion! His name is Jordan Chatman and he happens to be from Washington also, Vancouver. He is an awesome missionary. I have been blessed to have some great companions who have I learned a lot from their examples. Elder Chatman will finish his mission in May or so and will head back to play basketball for BYU as a point guard so I'm sure you will hear more of him in the near future. We have only been together for about a week, but we are already seeing miracles. We are excited for the success that we will be able to see in these coming transfers.

This past week has been pretty great. One of the highlights was on Thursday before Elder Forbes moved, our investigator who is college student right now called us and he told us how he is so grateful that he has been able to meet us about a month ago and expressed how thankful he for this gospel and all the changes that it has made to his life already. It was a really neat exprerience that really helped us feel that we are doing what we are supposed to be doing here in Taiwan. His parents have a bit of opposition to him joining the church right now as they fear that he it will influence his school a lot, but we are praying that they will open up more to it in the coming weeks. We will be able to meet with him this Wednesday after our English class. We're excited!

Another huge highlight was being able to watch the broadcast of General Conference. I really like all of the talks from the Prophet and other General Authorities. It is always inspiring to hear the council they give us. I know that it truly is what God whats us to know at this period of time. I especially like Elder Hales talk about the importance to review and study these talks that they have all given and seek to apply these gospel principles in our lives as that is what will truly bring us blessing. I know that is something that I want to do in these coming months so that I may continue to receive inspiration on how I can have a more happy life and be able to more fully help all of these people around me.

Today is our Preparation Day and we will have the opportunity to go to the temple. I'm really excited because I havent been able to go for about 7 months, since I was on the east coast for a while and it was too far away from the temple to go then. I know that the temple truly is the house of the Lord and that we can go there to seek and find the peace and comfort that we need as we go about our lives. It is always a special experience to go to the temple.

After that we will also go to this mountain top gondola ride as a zone activity. I have heard that it is really pretty and fun. I will take pictures and try to send some home next week for everyone to see!

Well that about wraps it up for this past week. I hope that everyone has a great time at school, work or what ever the current project is!

Love you all!
Elder Bastian 

No comments:

Post a Comment