Thursday, October 3, 2013

The Book of Mormon Really Does Have The Answers


Hello Everyone!
 
This week's letter will be a bit shorter due to time, but it's been a solid past week here in Tucheng. We were able to withstand another Typhoon! (It sounds impressive but it actually wasn't too bad where I live). The rains came and there was a little bit of wind but we were still able to go outside and tract in the city.

This past week we were able to have some key lessons with a few investigators. One of them was Brother Que. He is 52 and has a great desire to be baptized, but is still struggling with smoking and finding someone to take care of his elderly father on Sunday morning so he can come to church. We met with him last night and were able to talk about the power of the atonement in helping us to change as we turn towards the savior like Alma the Younger did in the Book of Mormon. It was a great lesson and he felt that he was really able to relate with him. After we read that part with him, he stopped and looked at us with a quiet but happy look and said, "The Book of Mormon really does have all the answers..." It was a powerful witness to me of the importance of this book in regards to our message and the conversion of anyone who seeks to learn about the gospel of Jesus Christ. I'm confident that through the Lord's help Brother Que will be able fully prepare for baptism.

We were also able to go on exchanges again this past week. I was able to go with an Elder Hagedorn and Elder Illu who are both from Utah. They are great missionaries and it was fun to be able to work for the Lord with both of them.

Overall this past week was another good week.

I love the Lord, and I love this work. It may be difficult at times, but salvation never did come easy, so I am willing to put for the work for my Savior and my fellow brothers and sisters.

I hope that everyone has a great week back at home!
Love you all!
Elder Bastian

No comments:

Post a Comment